- BECOME A PARTNER and join the movement NOW!
- It’s free – partners are simply asked to commit to an action or campaign that benefits a registered charity or non-profit.
- Run a GivingTuesday campaign and ask for donations or volunteers for your charity of choice. Example: organize a canned food drive for a food bank, organize a volunteer day at a local homeless shelter. The more creative, the better! For tips and ideas, visit our resources section.
- Post the GivingTuesday logo on your website
- Endorse the movement on your Facebook and Twitter accounts and promote sharing using #GivingTuesdayCa
Visit our resources section for tools and information to help get your organization involved.
Here are some ways your organization can Get Involved:
- Check out GuelphGives for some great examples of how communities, charities and schools can come together for GivingTuesday.
- Implement an employee or student matching gift policy on GivingTuesday. Its easy to set up an online fundraising challenge at CanadaHelps.org. You can choose to have employees donate to just one charity or to a list of charities you curate. At the close of your GivingTuesday campaign you'll be able to easily see how much employees contributed and CanadaHelps will disburse your matching funds to the correct charities.
- Engage in giving with your community. Promote GivingTuesday in your organization, use your Website, social channels and email communications. Get creative. Make a difference.
- Announce the impact of current giving programs and future commitments, such as cash and non-cash donations, hours volunteered, and program reach.
- Publicly announce a major commitment on GivingTuesday.
- Host a clothing drive or food drive.
Sample GivingTuesday messages for Facebook and Twitter
- You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Well here’s a new day in the Holiday Season – a day to give back! #GivingTuesdayca www.givingtuesday.ca
- How do you give back to your communities? Share in the comments. Then join us for @GivingTuesday on November 28 to be part of the opening day of the giving season! #GivingTuesdayca
- #GivingTuesdayca invites you to join a movement to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season. How will you give back? www.givingtuesday.ca
- Perfect antidote to overspending this holiday season? GivingTuesday coming Dec 2! www.givingtuesday.ca #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Ever thought u should "give back" a little more? What are u waiting for? www.givingtuesday.ca #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Take advantage of shopping deals. But spare some cash this year. GivingTuesday is Dec 2 #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Dreading Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping? Here’s a better idea: GivingTuesday. How will u get involved? #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Q: What comes after Cyber Monday and before Christmas? A: GivingTuesday! www.givingtuesday.ca #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Follow #givingtuesdayca to learn about a different Tuesday in November! www.givingtuesday.ca #feelgreatgiving
- Give more, give better, give smarter. Join us and #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Unifies orgs, biz & individuals from across the globe to show the world gives as good as it gets www.givingtuesday.ca #feelgreatgiving
- You don’t have to be a world leader or billionaire to give back! Anyone can participate in #GivingTuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- GivingTuesday is a time for the world to come together & show how powerful humanity can be when we unite to give on one day #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
- Take part in GivingTuesday on Dec 2 to give back to your community! www.givingtuesday.ca #givingtuesdayca #feelgreatgiving
Who is involved?
Click here to see all the GivingTuesday partners.