Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund
On Giving Tuesday, December 1st, the Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund is launching our year-end campaign by bringing awareness to the benefits that music therapy and certified music therapists bring to communities across Canada.
Music therapists, staff and volunteers will depart from our head office in Toronto to the busy corner of Bloor and Dufferin to be on hand to highlight and share what music therapy is and how it can transform the lives of so many different Canadians. Our goal is to raise $6500. These funds can provide 1 year of music therapy for programs that support people like:
- Seniors living with dementia in Long-Term Care to help them recover memories OR
- Adults living with a brain injury to help them work at their own speed toward recovery of speech and movement OR
- Teens and youth living with anxiety and depression to engage in self-expression and creatively explore the daily challenges they face OR
- Children with autism to express their emotions non-verbally and to successfully engage in social relationships OR
- Premature babies to improve feeding behaviours and regulate heart rate.
Music therapy is essential but not covered by the government or most insurance companies. Throughout December, we will cultivate awareness through social media drives and connect with donors to help make music therapy more accessible in the lives of people who need it most.