Giving Tuesday Okanagan is currently looking for others to join the civic movement. Our goal for 2016 is to launch Canada's 150th Anniversary and to encourage organizations and individuals to consider 150 Ways to Make a Difference in their Giving. The goal in the Okanagan is to promote and encourage our Okanagan Community to think about and become an active "Giver" on Giving Tuesday and any other Tuesday in the future.
What does "Giving" mean?
* Give a person a smile when you are walking by them.
* Give a helping hand to a neighbour when they least expect it.
* Give a kind compliment to someone you meet.
* Give some of your time to help a group at an event.
* Give some volunteer time to a charity of choice.
* Give of your gently used item to a person or group in need.
* Give what you can monetarily to a cause you believe in.
"Giving" can happen in sooooo many ways.
This year many of our Okanagan Charities and Non-Profit organizations will be sharing ways in which you can "Give" specifically to support their work. Consider the following examples:
- 150 Organizations, Schools, Businesses joining the Giving Tuesday Civic Movement
- 150 Volunteers
- 150 Volunteer hours
- 150 Food Items
- 150 Items of clothing
- 150 Toys, Games or Sports Equipment
- 150 Dollars
Join the Giving Tuesday Okanagan Civic Movement. Share your 150 ideas for increasing awareness and helping all our individuals and organizations be successful in our fund/awareness raising efforts related to Giving Tuesday.
On November 29th, 2016 join us at Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon City Halls to celebrate together. More details will be sent to all our Giving Tuesday Civic Movement partners in the next month. Stay tuned!
We need partners like you to bring Giving Tuesday to the forefront of our communities' minds. Together we are stronger.Join GivingTuesdayOkanagan Contact