South Shore Waldorf School and Kindergarten

South Shore Waldorf School Annual Giving Campaign

The SSWS Annual Giving Campaign is critical to helping our School meet its fundraising goals. The monies raised through the Campaign go directly to our operating budget, helping to pay faculty and staff and supporting important programs such as tuition assistance.

Waldorf Education makes a difference in the lives of children.  It offers an enriched curriculum full of arts, music, handwork, languages, and movement. It provides a screen-free environment in which childhood is protected and it helps children develop into well-rounded individuals. Children learn how to think, not what to think, enabling them to meet the challenges that the future will bring.

This year we will launch our Annual Giving Campaign on Giving Tuesday, November 28th, 2017.  Our goal is to raise a minimum of $25,000, with a target of 100% participation from our community.  
Please join with us in supporting the goals of Waldorf education by pledging to our Annual Giving Campaign.

How do I Make a Donation?

You can make your pledge by completing the downloadable donation / pledge form, or online by hitting the donate button on our website.

Why is the Giving Campaign necessary?

As an independent school we do not receive government funding.  Tuition covers only a portion of the cost of educating a student; our Annual Giving Campaign helps us make up the difference between the actual costs of educating each student and the tuition charged.Tuition fees currently serve to pay for approximately 80% of the basic costs of operating our school.  Fundraising and donations cover the remaining 20% (roughly $50,000). The Annual Giving Campaign is critical to helping us raise those funds.

Why not raise tuition?

No independent school could charge the full cost of educating its students without making the cost of tuition prohibitive for all but the wealthiest. That’s why every independent school has an annual giving appeal. At the South Shore Waldorf School and Kindergarten we strive to make Waldorf education accessible to all – regardless of income level. That’s why it is important for us to keep our tuition level at an amount that is affordable. In addition, tuition is a non-tax-deductible contribution to the school, while gifts to the Annual Giving Campaign are fully tax-deductible. All donations over $20 will receive a donation receipt.

Who supports the Annual Giving Campaign?

Every segment of the school community supports the Annual Fund. Contributions come from board members, parents, grandparents & special friends, alumni parents, faculty, staff and supporters of Waldorf education.

How Much Should I Give?

Only you can determine how much you are able to give. Regardless of the size of the donation, your participation in the Annual Giving Campaign demonstrates your support of the South Shore Waldorf School’s core values and mission. Every gift is met with gratitude and appreciation.

This year, as part of our Annual Giving Campaign we will be donating a percentage of donations to our school to a Waldorf initiative school in Madagascar.

Donate now